The client required reliable monitoring of the following level applications for an automation upgade.
- Raw Coal Bunker
- Boiler Coal Bunker
- Coal on Belt Detector
- Shuttle/Discharge Wagon Positioning Control
- Raw Coal Bunker: The raw coal bunker was 25 meters (82 ft) high. The level transmitter has to control the shuttle conveyor.
- Boiler Coal Bunker: The boiler bunker was 20 meters (65 ft) high. The level transmitter was to control the shuttle conveyer. For application 1 and 2 we provided low frequency 10 kHz loop powered transmitters to overcome dust, rat holing etc.
- Coal on Belt Detector: Monitoring coal on the conveyor belt. Range 1-5 meters (5 ft). For application 3 we provided 20 kHz integral transmitter to provide reliable profile height on conveyors.
- Shuttle Positioning Transmitter: The maximum range was 50 meters
(164 ft) for the shuttle conveyor and 195 meters (640 ft) for the coal discharge wagons.
For application 4 we provided our 20 kHz positioning transmitter and for
the discharge wagons we provided our 5 kHZ positioning transmitter.